Please note: In case of a minor who has his own passport, the visa application must be submitted together with the accompanying adult. Submission of separate applications at different time intervals is not allowed.
- Please check the List of Holidays before coming to the Consulate. The timings for submission of Visa applications are from 0915 to 1200 hrs on all working days. Passports may be collected back from 1200 to 1300 hrs on the date specified by the Consulate at the time of submission of application.
- Tourist Visa is issued only to foreigners who do not have a residence or occupation in India and whose sole objective of visiting India is recreation, sight seeing, casual visit to visit friends and relatives etc. No other activity is permissible on a Tourist Visa.
- The Tourist Visa is non–extendable ad non-convertible. In case of long duration tourist visa over a period of six months the maximum period of stay in India for each visit is limited to 6 months only.
- The foreign nationals visiting India for tourism purpose must apply for tourist visa 6 months multiple entry only.
- A separate endorsement is required for visiting SIKKIM. Please add this location while applying online in the correct section.
- In case of visa for minor having an individual passport, a consent/sponsor letter from the parents in addition to the requirement of any adult visa application and applicable fees should be submitted. The children must have their personal passports to travel to India.
- Please check if additional documents are required for foreign nationals and dual nationality citizens.
- Tourists wishing to visit India will be granted Tourist Visas for the duration of the visit effective from the date of issue. Tourist Visas are non-extendable and non-convertible. Journalists, press and media persons, editors, camera persons, film/documentary directors/producers/editors going to India for tourism can only be granted Journalist Visa with Tourism Purpose. They should declare the purpose of their visit on a plain paper attached to the application form or by pen at the bottom of the application form.
- Tourist Visa-on-Arrival: Tourist Visa-on-Arrival with a maximum validity of 30 days with single entry facility will be granted at Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata airports only, for the nationals of eleven countries viz. Finland, Japan, Luxembourg, New Zealand, Singapore, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, Philippines, Myanmar and Indonesia.
- All applicants are required to complete the application form On-line. Photo must be submitted and uploaded online. One photograph of size 50mm x 50mm (2”x2”) with white background should be pasted in the space provided in the form as well as uploaded online. Print and Sign the application at the required places before submitting it at the Visa counter in the Consulate alongwith the passport.