- A research Visa is granted to the research scholars/professors, who wish to conduct research work in India. Normally the visa is granted for one year or for the duration of the research project whichever is earlier. The visa is extendible in India.
- Please check the List of Holidays before coming to the Consulate. The timings for submission of Visa applications are from 0915 to 1200 hrs on all working days. Passports may be collected back from 1200 to 1300 hrs on the date specified by the Consulate at the time of submission of application.
- All applicants are required to complete the application form On-line. Photo must be submitted and uploaded online. One photograph of size 50mm x 50mm (2”x2”) with white background should be pasted in the space provided in the form as well as uploaded online. Print and Sign the application at the required places before submitting it at the Visa counter in the Consulate alongwith the passport.
- Details of previous visits to India
- Details of places to be visited to India
- Letter of admission and certificate of Affiliation in original from the recognised university/institute
- Evidence of financial resources to meet the expenses in India for the university and living
- In case the research proposal relates to the applicant’s own country brief synopsis and justification for doing research in India.
- All the official documents in Italian language
must be accompanied with English translation by the authorized translation agencies of the Consulate (http://cgimilan.in/news_home_dtl.php?newsid=187)