Please check the List of Holidays before coming to the Consulate. The timings for submission of Visa applications are from 0915 to 1200 hrs on all working days. Passports may be collected back from 1200 to 1300 hrs on the date specified by the Consulate at the time of submission of application.
The Government of India has introduced “Project (P) visa” under Employment Visa Chapter for those Italian/foreign national who are coming to India for execution of a project in Power and Steel sectors. The general guidelines issued by the concerned Ministry are as under:
- Project Visa is for those foreign nationals who are coming to India for execution for a project in Power and Steel Sectors.
- Period of visa would be determined on actual duration of the project/Contract. Initial Visa would be for one year or the period of the contract whichever is less.
- The employment/working of the foreign personnel would be restricted to the location of the project only.
- Project visa would be subject to submission of relevant documents establishing that the project/contact has been assigned to the particular foreign company by the India company concerned. Usual invitation letters from both the parties inviting the expert would be required.
- Project visa is only for skilled/highly skilled persons.
- A foreign national coming on Project Visa will not be allowed to take up employment in the same Indian company for a period of two years from the date of commissioning of the project.
- The Indian company would be responsible for the conduct of the foreign national during the period of the stay and to that effect give an undertaking in the invitation letter.
- Prior clearance would be required if the project/contract falls in the Protected/Restricted Areas as notified by the Government of India.
- Foreign coming on Project visa will have to register with the FRRO/FRO concerned with 14 days of the arrival if the validity of visa is for more than 180 days.
- Project visa to passport holders other than Italians would require usual clearance of 3 working days from the date of sending the message in this regard.
- As the Project visa has been covered under Employment visa chapter, the fees for Project visa will be same what is now charged for Employment visa.
- All applicants are required to complete the application form On-line. Photo must be submitted and uploaded online. One photograph of size 50mm x 50mm (2”x2”) with white background should be pasted in the space provided in the form as well as uploaded online. Print and Sign the application at the required places before submitting it at the Visa counter in the Consulate alongwith the passport.
- The concerned authority in India has directed to introduce a separate application form for Project Visa . This form can be downloaded here from this website and must be filled in triplicate with care by furnishing all the required information correctly.
- Five(5) photographs (50mmX50mm) with front face are required.
- All the official documents in Italian language
must be accompanied with English translation by the authorized translation agencies of the Consulate (http://cgimilan.in/news_home_dtl.php?newsid=187)