All Individual visa seekers are requested to apply for the Indian Visa through online application form. For online Visa application form please visit the website: http://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/
Italian translation of "Online application form" may be seen here.
No hand written application form will be accepted. Applications have to be filled online and applicant has to upload his/her photograph. After filling and submitting the application online, a printout of the application has to be taken which has to be signed by the applicant. The photograph should be of size 5cms x 5cms and have white background. It has to be pasted on the printed and signed application form and then submitted at the Visa counter in the Consulate General of India in Milan along with necessary documents.
For problems while filling Online Visa Application Form or photo uploading please call Indian visa helpline - 0091 11 22560198 - 0091 11 22560199
Photo Requirements for Indian Visa
Online India Visa Application allows the Applicant to upload a digital photograph of self to complete the online visa application. Guidelines/procedure to upload a digital photograph
The digital photograph to be uploaded along with the Visa application should meet the following requirements:
- Format – JPEG
- Size – Minimum 10 KB Maximum 300 KB
- The height and width of the Photo must be equal.
- The minimum dimensions are 350 pixels (width) x 350 pixels (height).
- The maximum dimensions are 1000 pixels (width) x 1000 pixels (height).
- Photo should present Full face, front view, eyes open, Center head within frame and present full head from top of hair to bottom of chin
- Background should be plain light colored or white background
- No shadows on the face or on the background
- Without borders
- Make sure that photo presents full head from top of hair to bottom of chin. Head should measure 1 inch to 1-3/8 inches (25mm to 35mm). Make sure eye height is between 1-1/8 inches to 1-3.
Additional Form (to be filled up only by Non-Residents of Italy or residents for less than two years)