1. Foreign nationals who are coming to India on short visits to customer location to repair any plant or machinery as part of warranty or annual maintenance contracts.
- Please check the List of Holidays before coming to the Consulate. The timings for submission of Visa applications are from 0915 to 1200 hrs on all working days. Passports may be collected back from 1200 to 1300 hrs on the date specified by the Consulate at the time of submission of application.
- A business visa is granted to a foreigner who wishes to visit India to establish industrial/business venture or exploring of such possibilities, sale or purchase of products, participate in the technical/commercial meetings, participate in industrial fairs etc. In case of long term visa over 6 months the maximum period of stay in India is limited to 1 year.
- Those going to India for short term paid performances e.g an artist going for painting exhibition, musician for musical shows etc has to apply for Business Visa.
- The Pilots and the Members of the crew of non-scheduled airlines, chartered flights, Cargo Planes and Private jets, demonstration and trainer pilots etc should apply for Business Visa. While applying for business visa, clearance of the Ministry of Civil Aviation of India. should be provided.
- Following categories may be covered under Business visa regime and not Employment Visa since they would not be receiving remuneration from the Indian company/organization:
2. Foreign Engineers/technicians coming to India for installation and commissioning of equipments / machineries / tools in terms of the contract for supply of such equipment/machine/tools.
3. Foreign experts coming to India for imparting training for the personnel of the Indian company
4. Foreign personnel deputed for providing technical support/services, transfer of know-how, services supplies for which the Indian company pays fees/royalty to the foreign company.
- Travel agents and people connected with tourism trade who have to visit India frequently, can be granted Business Visas with permission to stay in India more than 30 days for each visit.
- All applicants are required to complete the application form On-line. Photo must be submitted and uploaded online. One photograph of size 50mm x 50mm (2”x2”) with white background should be pasted in the space provided in the form as well as uploaded online. Print and Sign the application at the required places before submitting it at the Visa counter in the Consulate alongwith the passport.
- Incorporation certificate of the Indian company (scanned or faxed copy). The certification of incorporation from the Indian Company is no longer required for the Business Visa but the Consulate General of India in Milan can ask for it if necessary
- Letter of invitation(in English) in original, addressed to Consulate General of India, Milan and not addressed to the applicant or its sponsoring company , from the Indian company specifying the nature of the visits, dates of the first visit planned, personal and passport details of the applicant. Indian company has to specify its field of activity/business and has to mention the turnover of last financial year. Letter of invitation from the company in India should be in original or in case it is a computer printout, it should have a verification stamp by parent company in Italy certifying it is an authentic copy of the original.
- Letter of assignment(in English) by the foreign company in original addressed to Consulate General of India, Milan and not addressed to the applicant or its sponsoring company specifying the nature of the visits, dates of the first visit planned, personal and passport details of the applicant. Foreign company has to specify its field of activity/business and has to mention the turnover of last financial year.
- Both the letter of the Indian and the foreign company should declare that the applicant will stay in India maximum 30 days for each visit.
- It is mandatory with immediate
effect to submit the document/certificate of incorporation/registration of both
parties (the company issuing invitation and the company seeking visa) with the
visa application. In case of the Italian
companies, their certificate of affiliation issued by the concerned Chamber of
Commerce will be accepted. In case of
bulky Visura Camerale Ordinaria, the translation of vital information
containing name of the company, date of foundation/renewal of registration,
company’s address, fiscal code, etc. will suffice.
- All the official documents in Italian language must be
accompanied with English translation by the authorized translation agencies of the Consulate (http://cgimilan.in/news_home_dtl.php?newsid=187)
- Both Application and all requisite documents should be in duplicate.
- For Business Visa holders, each stay should not normally exceed 30 days. Where longer stay may be warranted owing to the nature of the business visit, proper supporting documentation, justifying stay for a longer period, should be submitted with the application.
- Applicants who have establishment their business in India in the last 2 years and have business interests by way of share holding or being Director of the Board of the Company, should submit the following documents while applying for a business visa:
1. Gross Sale/Annual Turn Over achived during the last 2 years (Should not be less than Rs. 1 Crore per annum)
2. Copies of the Income Tax Return filed during the last 2 years.
These requirements must be completed by the applicants for seeking a business visa and also for registration with the respective FRROs / FROs.
- All the documents for the Business Visa Must be self-attested by the applicant and stamped by the Visa Agencies.
- Please check if additional documents are required for foreign nationals and dual nationality citizens