- Please check the holiday’s calendar of the Consulate before coming. The timings for submission of applications are from 0915 to 1215 hrs on all working days. The passports are delivered between 1600 hrs to 1700 hrs at the Consulate counter. In case of any queries, please contact the Consular section of the Consulate between 1500 hrs to 1600 hrs only. Before coming to the consulate for collecting the passport, please send us an e-mail at: email@example.com.
- Under Indian legal provisions, Persons of Indian origin (PIO) who have acquired Foreign citizenship on or after 01-06-2010 are required to submit declaration of renunciation of Indian citizenship and surrender their Indian Passports to the nearest Indian Mission/Post immediately. Those PIOs who became foreign nationals before 01-06-2010 are required only to surrender their Indian Passports to the nearest Indian Mission/Post and obtain a surrender certificate. The Indian Citizenship Act does not allow dual citizenship. Holding/acquiring Indian passport or traveling on Indian passport after acquisition of foreign citizenship constitutes an offence under the Passport Act and attracts penalties.
- In view of this legal provision all concerned foreign nationals of Indian origin applying for OCI/PIO card or other consular services are required to surrender their Indian passports (valid/expired) to the Consulate General of India, Milan. They would be issued an acknowledgement/surrender certificate in lieu of depositing their Indian passports.
- The Declaration of Renunciation of Citizenship (Form XXII) is available at http://mha.nic.in/pdfs/Citi_Rule-2009.pdf
- Applicants are requested to keep intact the renunciation/surrender certificate issued by the Consulate in their personal custody as a copy of the same has to be produced every time for availing any kind of visa/consular service.
- The applicants should apply in person for identity verification.
- A foreign national, who was eligible to become citizen of India on 26.01.1950 or was a citizen of India on or at anytime after 26.01.1950 or belonged to a territory that became part of India after 15.08.1947 and his/her children and grand children, provided his/her country of citizenship allows dual citizenship in some form or other under the local laws, is eligible for registration as an Overseas Citizen of India (OCI). Minor children of such persons are also eligible for OCI. However, if the applicant had ever been a citizen of Pakistan or Bangladesh, he/she will not be eligible for OCI Card. The detailed information is available on the website of the Ministry of Home Affairs of the Government of India http://mha.nic.in/foreignDiv/OCI.html
- The application form for OCI is available on the MHA website. The form has two parts, Part A has to be filled in for each applicant of the family and Part B is common for all applicants of the family. Part A needs to be submitted online whereupon a file number will be generated and it can be printed along with Part B. Online registration may be done by logging on to website: http://passport.gov.in/oci/OnlineOCIRegistrationG.jsp and clicking on ‘Online Registration’.
- The OCI card comes with visa sticker which is pasted on the foreign passport and is valid for the life long. However if the applicant changes his/her foreign passport, he may get a new OCI card by applying under miscellaneous services at https://passport.gov.in/oci/OnlineOCIMiscMain.jsp If the screen appears with the message ‘there is a problem with the website’s security’, please choose ‘continue to the website’.
Benefits of OCI card
REQUIREMENTS FOR CANCELLATION OF INDIAN PASSPORT CONSEQUENT ON ACQUIRING OF FOREIGN NATIONALITY AND FOR APPLYING FOR OCI CARD
Please bring original as well as clear copies of all documents, duly self-attested. Original documents will be returned immediately after verification.
Please submit the application with documents, keeping them in the following order:
Kindly note the following :
Indian citizens, who have taken foreign citizenship or Indian citizens born to Indian parents or Indian origin parents in a foreign country or their grandparents or great grandparents were Indians or Indian origins and even if they have never held Indian passport are basically Indian origin only.
They may please apply for OCI card under NORMAL CATEGORY.
Foreign nationals, who are eligible for OCI card by virtue of being married (marriage should have been existing for a minimum period of two years ) to Indians or Indian origins may please apply under "FOREIGN SPOUSE" CATEGORY.
CANCELLATION OF INDIAN PASSPORTS IN CASE OF ADULTS
1. Application form, duly filled in and signed by the applicant (signature should match with that in the Indian passport).
2. One photograph to be affixed on the application form.
3. Copies of all the pages of the Indian Passport, including blank pages. Each page of the photocopy to be self attested.
4. Copy of the relevant page of Italian/Foreign passport (self-attested),
5. Copy of Carta D’Identita of the applicant (self-attested)
OCI CARD IN CASE OF ADULTS
1. APPLY ON-LINE at https://passport.gov.in/oci/capchaActionand upload the photograph and signature of the applicant.
2. Please upload the photograph, signature, copy of the Foreign Passport (one page where the photo, name, date of birth, etc appear), copy of the Indian passport (first page and last page) or the proof of being an Indian origin and marriage certificate, if the Indian passport does not have the spouse name endorsed in it.
2. Take the print out of the application form. Please paste one recent colour photograph of the size of 2 inch x 2 inch with light background in the space provided in the first page of the application. The photograph should have a frontal view, showing both the ears. One photograph may be attached with the application form.
3. Copies of the relevant page of the Italian/Foreign passport (self-attested),
4. Copies of the relevant pages of the Indian passport (page where the photo/name/date of birth, etc. appear, page where the names of parents and address appear)-self-attested
5. Copy of the Marriage Certificate – self-attested (if married) if spouse name is not endorsed on their Indian passports
6. Copy of Carta D’Identita (self-attested),
CANCELLATION OF INDIAN PASSPORTS IN THE CASE OF CHILDREN BELOW THE AGE OF 18 YEARS
1. Application form, duly filled in and signed by the applicant. If the applicant is an infant and cannot append signature, thumb impression is required (left hand in case of male and right hand in case of female child).
2. Both the parents should also append their signatures (exactly as given in their Indian Passports or OCI cards) near to the place where the thumb impression of the child applicant is appended,
3. One passport size photograph of the applicant (to be pasted on the application form)
4. Copies of all the pages of the Indian Passport, including blank pages, with signature of the applicant’s father or mother, on all the pages(self-attested),
5. Copy of the relevant page of Italian/Foreign passport(self-attested),
6. Copy of Carta D’Identita of the applicant(self-attested),
7. Copies of the relevant pages of the passports/OCI cards (if any) of both the parents(self-attested)
8. Copies of the Carta D’Identita of both the parents(self-attested).
OCI CARD IN CASE OF IN CASE OF CHILDREN BELOW THE AGE OF 18 YEARS
1. APPLY ON-LINE at https://passport.gov.in/oci/capchaActionand upload the photograph and signature or thumb impression of the applicant.
2. Please upload the photograph, signature, copy of the Foreign Passport (one page where the photo, name, date of birth, etc appear), copy of the Indian passport (first page and last page) or the proof of being an Indian origin. In the case of children, who has never held an Indian passport, please upload the birth certificate (in English) and the copy of the Indian passport or OCI card of one of the parents.
3. Take the print out of the application form. Please paste one recent colour photograph of the size of 2 inch x 2 inch with light background in the space provided in the first page of the application. The photograph should have a frontal view, showing both the ears. One photograph may be attached with the application form
4. Both the parents should append their signatures on the second page of the application (signature should match with that in their Indian passports or OCI Cards),
5. Copies of the relevant pages of the Italian/Foreign passport of the applicant(self-attested),
6. Copies of the relevant pages of the Indian passport (page where the photo/name/date of birth, etc. appear, page where the names of parents and address appear) (self-attested)
7. Copy of Carta D’Identita, of the child(self-attested by either of the parents)
8. Copies of the relevant pages of the Indian passports/OCI cards/Italian or Foreign passports of both the parents(self-attested)
9. Copies of Carta D’Identita of both the parents (self-attested)
10. Copy of the Permesso Di Soggiorno of the parents(self-attested), if they are holders of Indian passports
11. Copy of the birth certificate(self-attested by parents) issued by Comune along with its translation in English (in case the child was not issued any Indian passport), duly attested by Prefutura.
STATUS OF APPLICATION FOR OCI CARD CAN BE FOUND OUT FROM OUR WEBSITE :
www.cgimilan.in or from http://cgimilan.in/cgi.php?id=appstatus