We are receiving many objections from our printing unit on the quality of photographs submitted with the passport and OCI applications. Before submitting the application, please see the link below for photo specifications. http://passport.gov.in/oci/Photo-Spec-FINAL.pdf
The passport can be applied for reissue from one year before its expiry or for change in the entries in the existing passport including complete name change, change of name after marriage, change in appearance, change in date of birth, change in place of birth, change in sex or change in signature or exhaustion of pages.
Timings for submission of application for passports/Miscellaneous consular services/collection of re-issued passports:
0915 hours to 1230 hours
Collection of serviced passports for various Miscellaneous services for which applications are submitted after 1200 hours: 1500 hours to 1600 hours
All applicants, irrespective of minor children (except new born children) have to submit Application for passports, in person.
Passport, on being re-issued, has to be collected by applicants themselves except in the following cases:
Husband/wife can collect the passports of his/her spouse with documentary proof of their relationship.
Passports of minor children (below the age of 18 years at the time of collection) can be collected by either of their parents with proof of parentage.
All the columns including telephone no. in the application form should be filled properly without any ambiguity and no column should be left blank. The residential address in India and Italy must be entered against permanent address and any other address respectively. The applicant should carefully check the particulars entered in the application form. The incomplete forms or having wrong particulars will NOT be processed further.
All signatures in the application should be by a ball point pen of black or blue ink and have to be dark. Those who cannot affix their signatures like infants, minors or illiterate should put their thumb impression (left hand thumb impression in the case of male and right hand thumb impression in the case of female) in the place of signature.
Please bring clear and SELF-ATTESTED photocopies of all the required documents as well as original documents, which will be returned immediately after verification and.
Please submit the application in the following order:
1. APPLY ON-LINE at http://passport.gov.in/nri/OnlineRegistration.jsp?pocode and take the print out of the application form. Please paste (SHOULD NOT BE STAPLED) two recently taken colour photographs of the size of 51 mm x 51 mm with light back ground, one on the first page where space is provided and the second one on the blank space on the third page of the application. The photograph should have a frontal view, showing both the ears. The eyes must be open and no hair should obscure the face. Prescription glasses if worn should be clear and thin framed and should not have flash reflection or obscure the eyes. Head coverings, hair, head-dress or facial ornaments should not obscure the face. Head should face the camera directly and should not tilt or turned (portrait style). Head covering is not permitted except for religious reasons, but the facial features from bottom of chin to top of forehead and both edges of the face, with both ears must be clearly shown. Babies under one year of age do not have to have their eyes open. However a frontal photograph with clarity is required for children. It should show the child alone (no chair back, toys or other people visible) looking at the camera with a neutral expression and the mouth closed.
2. Copies of all the relevant pages of the passport,
3. Copy of Permesso D’Soggiorno,
4. Copy of Carta D’Identita (In case Carta D’Identita has not been issued, any other Resident Proof (Utility bill, like electricity/water/gas bills, etc) or Ospity, duly authenticated from the competent authorities,
5. In case of Loss of Passport, please submit original as well as copy of the FIR (Police Report), clearly mentioning details of the Lost Passport (Passport, Number date of issue, place of issue, etc.) as well as its translation in English, Annexure ‘L’ and Personal Particulars Form (in triplicate) with three photographs pasted on each Form.
6. In case of Damaged Passport, please submit Annexure ‘L’ and Personal Particulars Form (in triplicate) with three photographs pasted on each Form.
7. Copy of documentary proof for change of personal particulars (change of name, change of surname after marriage, change in appearance/date of birth/place of birth/sex/ signature/endorsement of spouse name, deletion of spouse name consequent on divorce/death, etc.), if any.
(i) In case of change of date of birth/place, original certificate issued by the competent authorities in India (not below the rank of First Class Judicial Magistrate) and apostilled/attested from Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi is required.
(ii) In case of change of surname, in the case of female applicants, consequent on marriage, copy of the marriage certificate and an Affidavit to be submitted.
(iii) In case of change of name, an intimation regarding change of name should be published in two newspapers (one in Italy and the other one in India, where the applicant is normally resident). Application will be accepted only after 30 days of publication of the advertisement. The original newspaper should be submitted. An Affidavit for change of name also should be submitted along with the passport application form.
8. In case the applicant is on family visa, arrived in Milan recently, the following additional documents may also please be submitted :
(i) Copies of the visa,
(ii) Copies of the (a) passports, (b) Permesso D’Soggiorno and (c) Carta D’Identita of the relative on whose family visa the applicant arrived. (In case Carta D’Identita has not been issued, any other Resident Proof (Utility bill, like electricity/water/gas bills, etc) or Ospity, duly authenticated from the concerned authorities,
9. Copy of Marriage Certificate, in case of endorsement of spouse name (In case the marriage was solemnized in any Comune in Italy, please bring the original certificate issued by the Comune, after getting it duly apostilled/attested from Prefuttura along with Copies and also English Translation.
10. In case of deletion of spouse name consequent on divorce or death, copy of the Divorce order issued by the Court including the Decree Sheet/Death Certificate, as the case may be, duly apostilled from Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi, if the divorce Decree was pronounced by an Indian Court/death occurred in India. In case they occurred in Italy, copy of the Divorce order issued by the Court, including the Decree Sheet/Death Certificate, as the case may be, duly apostilled/attested from Prefuttura should be submitted, along with translation in English.
RENEWAL OF PASSPORTS OF CHILDREN BELOW THE AGE OF 18 YEARS
11. Following documents may also be submitted along with the documents as mentioned from Sl.No.1 to 8 :
(i) Copies of the relevant pages of the passports, Permesso D’Soggiorno and Carta D’Identita of both the parents. In case Carta D’Identita has not been issued, any other Resident Proof (Utility bill, like electricity/water/gas bills, etc) or Ospity, duly authenticated from the concerned authorities,
(ii) Both the parents should append their signatures (exactly as given in their passports) on the second page (under Declaration) and on the third page of the application form. Signature or thumb impression of the child may be appended on the first page of the application form.
(iii) In case one of the parents is in India,
An Affidavit, in original, duly signed by him/her stating that he/she does not have any objection to the applying for and obtaining passport in respect of his/her minor child by the other parent. The Affidavit should be apostilled from Ministry of External Affairs. If one of the parents is in a third country, the Affidavit, in original, should be attested from the nearest Indian Mission (Embassy/High Commission/Consulate). If the both the parents are away from Italy and a guardian is authorized to apply/obtain passports in respect of their minor child, the Affidavit, in original, should be attested from Ministry of External Affairs/nearest Indian Mission (Embassy/High Commission/Consulate).
(iv) In case of death of one of the parents or in the case of divorce of the parents, copy of the Death Certificate issued by competent authorities in India/Divorce issued by the Court, including the Decree Sheet, as the case may be, duly apostilled from Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi, if the death/divorce occurred in India
In case the above occurred in Italy, copy of the Divorce/Death Certificate issued by the relevant court, including Decree Sheet, duly apostilled from Prefuttura should be submitted, along with translation in English.
(v) In case of children of separated parents, the divorce decree awarding the custody of the child to the parent should be attached with the application. In case there is no court order in this regard, a sworn affidavit before a Magistrate is to be attached to this effect. If the mother/father of the child declares that the biological father/mother of the child has ceased relationship with the other, the affidavit sworn to this effect before Magistrate should be produced. In case of children born outside of wedlock, the biological parents should give an affidavit confirming their relationship and declaring that the child was born of their relationship but without formal legal sanction of marriage.
PASSPORTS FOR NEW BORN CHILDREN
12. Following additional documents may also be submitted along with the documents as mentioned from Sl.No.1 to 8 and 11(i) & (ii). Documents as at 11(iii), 11(iv) and or 11(v) will also have to be submitted, if applicable.
(i) APPLY ON-LINE and REGISTER the birth of the child ON-LINE at http://indiancitizenshiponline.nic.in/ic_form_public.aspx within one year of the birth of the child. Upload photograph of the child and signatures of both the parents. Thereafter, take print out of the completed form. Parents’ signature should be appended at two places on the second page of the Birth Registration application.
(ii) Copy of the birth certificate issued by Comune along with translation in English, if not bilingual,
(iii) Copy of the Marriage Certificate.
(iv) If one of the parents’ is holding other nationality/passport, a letter from the concerned Embassy/Consulate stating that the child’s birth has not been registered with them nor does the child holds nationality/passport of that country.
Thumb impression (left hand in case of male child and right hand in case of female child) should be appended on the first page of the passport application form (space provided).
Please note that if the birth is registered after one year, the reason for delay, in writing, signed by both the parents, should also be submitted and passport to the child will be issued only after approval of the competent authorities.
Euros 60 for ordinary passport 36 pages
Euros 75 for ordinary passport 60 pages (JUMBO PASSPORT)
Euros 40 for ordinary passport for the minor children below the age of 15 years.
Euros 113 for Duplicate passport in lieu of lost/damaged passport.
The original documents of all the photocopies attached with the application form should be presented at the counter for verification by the counter staff which will be returned after verification.
It is an offence under the Passport Act, 1967 to furnish false information in the application. Passport facilities would be denied on grounds of suppression of material information, submission of incorrect particulars or for unauthorized change/tempering. The passport can be impounded or revoked for violation of one or more of the provisions of the Passport Act.
It is an offence to hold more than one valid passport at a time.
Duplicate passports are issued only on receipt of clearances from the concerned authorities in India. Applicants are required to personally come to the Consulate for collecting duplicate passport in lieu of lost/damaged passport.
In case of second loss/damage a triplicate passport is issued with a warning letter. Application in respect of habitual losers of passports requires a longer period for processing.
The list of the ready passports is uploaded on our website under ‘Important Notices’ and also in our ‘Face Book Page’.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: A service charge of Euro 3/- (Three only) towards Indian Community Welfare Fund would be levied on every application for Passport, Visa and Consular services.