Registration of Death
Please check the holiday’s calendar of the Consulate before coming. The timings for submission of applications are from 0915to 1200 hrs on all working days. The serviced documents are delivered between 1200 hrs to 1300 hrs.
The Consulate General of India Milan can issue No objection for sending dead body to India if the deceased Indian national/PIO was residing in its Consular jurisdiction.
- Original passport (with photocopy) of the deceased
- Permesso di soggorno (with photocopy)
- Death certificate by the Doctor/Hospital (with a copy translated in English)
- Death registration issued by Comune (with a copy translated in English)
- "No objection" from the Court, if death is by accident/unnatural
- Certificate from the doctor that the body did not carry any contagious disease and has been treated (with a copy translated in English).
- The next of the kin must send clear instructions/authorization regarding disposal of the body either personally or through the authorized person/agent.
- If the body is transported without any escort: Fax from India by next of kin taking full responsibility of collecting the body at the airport (along with photocopy of passport or any other document).
- All documents are required to be submitted in duplicate (original and photocopy).